When it comes to durable and versatile siding products, nothing beats what James Hardie® can offer. Known for its weather performance and availability, it is among the best choices if you are looking to make a long-lasting investment for your home. Of course, it is backed by some of the best warranties in the industry.
In this post, reputable siding contractor Peninsula Siding Company, Inc. answers the most frequently asked questions about James Hardie’s siding warranty.
How Long Is the James Hardie Siding Warranty?
James Hardie offers a limited warranty unique for each product. HardiePlank® lap, HardiePanel® vertical, HardieShingle® siding and HardieSoffit® come with a 30-year limited warranty. You can also get a 15-year warranty for HardieTrim® boards. Lastly, HardieWrap® weather barrier, seam, and flashing have a 10-year limited warranty.
What Is Not Covered?
While James Hardie’s warranty offers extensive coverage, certain exceptions exist. The warranty does not cover the following:
- Improper Installation. Always have your James Hardie siding installed by a certified contractor to ensure it meets the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Acts of God. These include damage caused by natural disasters like floods, hurricanes or tornadoes.
- Damage to Third-Party Applications. The warranty does not cover damage caused by non-James Hardie products, such as caulks or sealants.
- Lack of Proper Maintenance: Regular cleaning and maintenance are necessary to keep your siding in top condition.
- Wear and Tear: Over time, your siding may show signs of wear and tear, which is not covered by the warranty.
Are Manufacturing Defects Covered?
Yes! If your James Hardie siding has a manufacturing defect, the defective portion of the product will be repaired or replaced. In some cases, you may even receive reimbursement depending on the damage.
Is It Transferable?
James Hardie warranties are transferable, but only to the next homeowner. If you sell your home, the new owner will be covered under warranty, but the subsequent owners won’t.
At Peninsula Siding Company, Inc., we understand the importance of having a quality warranty for your siding. As a trusted contractor, we stand behind our work and the James Hardie fire retardant siding products we install. Call us today at (650) 287-4208, or complete this contact form to get started.